Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Gary, Indiana 5/30

Huh.

Ok, so my Midwest on $25 trip sort of petered out at the end.  I was supposed to go to Cincinnati last week and I'm supposed to be in Des Moines as we speak.  Why am I writing about Gary?  Well, unfortunately last minute work things came up and I had to let go of my tickets.  But still, I visited 8 cities for less than $25, that's pretty good right.  I went...

Indianapolis
Kansas City
Iowa City
Memphis
Lafayette
St. Louis
Madison
Minneapolis

Ok, Gary, Indiana.  I came here for two reasons: Michael Jackson's home, and the song from Music Man.  You should do this and then get the hell out: there's nothing to do in Gary.  It's like Detroit junior. It was Murder Capital of the US a few years back, and it deserves the title.   All these facts might incite you to come to Gary, but trust me, there is nothing else to see.  The architecture is crumbling from decades past: particularly the 50's and 60's.  However, if you do go to Gary, check out Indiana Dunes at least.  Only twenty minutes away and quite nice by Indiana standards.
Boyhood home of superstar Michael Jackson

Go ahead, they're out of business anyway

Well, this is it

You have a car?  GET OUT OF GARY!


About stand-up.  There is no comedy club in Gary.  There is no laughter in Gary.

1 comment:

  1. Gary is short on a comedy scene, but quite on top of things in their murder scene.

    ReplyDelete