Sunday, April 3, 2011

Indianapolis 3/29-30

Being from Chicago, Indy isn't seen as a big, exotic, foreign place.  Yet I regret to say that I have never actually visited.  Before you judge a city, you really have to go there to experience it for yourself.  I only gave myself one night in Indy, and to tell the truth, I would've spent one more.  I performed at Cracker's Comedy Club in Broad Ripple (a lively, hip area north of downtown Indy) and couchsurfed with a wonderful girl called Denver. 

About Indy.  It's great.  Cheap beer ($2 pints), it's clean, nice people, great monuments, and doesn't have a chip on it's shoulder like Chicago.  Most everything downtown is accesible by walking, however if you want to get to Broad Ripple, (college-aged part of town), it's a good 4-5 miles north of downtown.  You must check out the soldiers and sailors monument, World War Monument, Cracker's Comedy Club, Easley winery (free tours!), and the Canal Park, which is great for a jog. 

Here's a clip from my set at Cracker's: it's Indy-centric.


Also, some lovely Indy pictures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment